Keyboard Cats

With chapter nine well on the way, I am about a third of the way through 'Craft' and I am still to do my final edit on 'Kept in the Dark,' or 'KitD' as my Granddad and proof reader refers to it.

I have a plan of attack and a list of updates and story modifications, so hopefully, I will get through it quickly. 

There is a restriction however, a barrier that I have not had to face before starting KitD.

That is the keyboard cat.

The keyboard cat is a creature that dwells within dressing gowns or blankets or any soft, human furnishing. They lurk in the darkness, out of sight and wait for  ample opportunity to wreak havoc on any given manuscript. They are not fussy, but they are relentless.

This particular keyboard cat, by the name of Albus (or Albs for short) is particularly prone to slapping space-bars. For him this is a hilarious pastime, for me, it is a disruptive and downright disrespectful practice that should be banned by law. 

This is not the worst of it.

He parades across me as if I, myself, am furniture, paying no mind to my internal organs.
He cries when I move, complaining that he has positioned me perfectly and that I should be confined for eternity.  
He reverses on to the laptop, clicks the mouse, somehow highlighting my last chapter and then he presses his favourite button. His old friend Keyvin Spacey. Trust him to have a friend like that!

All I can say is, thank you 'undo,' without you I would be on the run from the RSPCA, and my novel would still be tucked neatly away inside my cranium. 

'Undo,' I salute you.

Comments

Popular Posts